The Brick Township Chamber of Commerce has come a long way since our incorporation in the spring of 1956. Our organization originally consisted of a handful of members, a part-time secretary, and a desk in a member’s office. Over 65 years later, we have a fully staffed office located in the Civic Plaza on Chambers Bridge Road, over 300 members and growing every day!
We have a strong history of community involvement and have been a part of fairs, parades and special events throughout the Township's history. The Chamber of Commerce organized the Township's Founders' Day celebration for fourteen years and held an Antique Automobile Show for many years to raise funds for scholarships. The business community here is an extremely generous one as is evidenced by its involvement in the Township's diverse educational and leisure activities.
The Chamber’s Educational Foundation annually awards scholarships, a program enthusiastically embraced for several reasons: the business community recognizes the need to ensure an educated workforce and supports this program to give back to the community. Since its inception in 1990, the program has awarded thousands of dollars to deserving students for continuing vocational and academic education and has almost exceeded $500,000 in giving.
The work, dedication and vision of many people have made our progress and accomplishments possible. Our volunteers give their time to work on committees for special programs. Our Board of Directors, all volunteers, show leadership, strength, and vision. Our dedicated staff members are on board to help us move forward. The strength, leadership and talent of these individuals have helped to mold the Brick Township Chamber of Commerce into the large and multifaceted organization that it is today.